Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Emergency Video

I haven't been posting as often as I'd like, despite the large numbers of interesting stories that have popped up in recent weeks. It's just been crazy around our place, and I simply haven't had the time. I'm making a resolution to be better about it, but in the meantime I'm just going to share some good news links - and an anecdote.

One Sunday evening a couple of weeks ago, the Patriots lost the AFC Championship to the Colts. My spouse, a huge football fan, was utterly cranky as a result. But not as cranky, it turns out, as the two women who got into a drunken fistfight in the middle of the street in my ordinarily tame neighborhood. It was quite a sight, and got so vicious that we ended up having to call the police. The dispatcher had lots of questions for me, and while I'm normally pretty observant, I realized that certain small details do escape me. It wasn't long after that incident that I saw this story carried by various news outlets. Makes a lot of sense to me.

What else is going on?

CM

No comments: